Etudiants et Futurs étudiants Infirmier(e) en Belgique Index du Forum

Etudiants et Futurs étudiants Infirmier(e) en Belgique
forum d'entraide, d'echange entre les étudiants infirmier et les infirmiers en place situé en belgique.tout sur les etudes,le metier,les examens,les modalités d'inscription...

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

optioned right-hander Greg Burke to the Triple-A

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Etudiants et Futurs étudiants Infirmier(e) en Belgique Index du Forum -> Les études et formations -> S'inscrire
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
corse178

MessagePosté le: Sam 2 Juin - 04:30 (2018)    Sujet du message: optioned right-hander Greg Burke to the Triple-A Répondre en citant

This is the time of year when teams fighting for spots in the College Football Playoff might be tempted to run up big margins in hopes of impressing the selection committee.Whether that strategy actually makes a difference is up for debate.Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt, who chairs the College Football Playoff committee, says the committee doesnt take margin of victory into account.We talk about how that team has performed each and every week, Hocutt said. We talk about `Was that a convincing win? ... I believe, in certain games a convincing win can be a 14-0 score, and in other games it can be a 35-7 score. I think in the game of college football, a convincing win can vary. But in no way do we incent margin of victory.Yet that didnt stop Louisville coach Bobby Petrino from bringing up margin of victory recently when he complained about his teams position in the rankings. Maybe I made a mistake, looking back at it, he said. (Against) Florida State, we shouldve kept all the starters in and scored 80 points and done that.Louisville beat Florida State 63-20 on Sept. 17, though the Cardinals playoff hopes suffered a major blow Thursday night when they fell 36-10 at Houston.Of course, scoring 80 against Florida State technically shouldnt have mattered to the committee if it isnt taking margin of victory into account. But how do the committee members not pay attention to the actual scores of games?I think they do to some degree, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. Thats probably the best way to say it. I think they take all of it into consideration. But its a very bright group that, in some cases, it probably doesnt matter too much to them, and in some cases it does.Jeff Sagarin, who has his own rating system to rank teams, says common sense shows that the playoff committee does factor in the scores of each game. Sagarin cited the 2014 season, when eventual national champion Ohio State leapfrogged TCU to earn the fourth playoff spot after trouncing Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big Ten championship game.Their problem is if they ever verbalize, `Oh, we look at scores, then people will castigate them for encouraging teams to run up the score, so they have to pretend they dont, Sagarin said.Sagarin says his own ratings are based on who did you play, where did you play and what was the score. His rankings at the start of this week were virtually identical to the CFP rankings, with one notable exception.The CFP rankings had Clemson fourth and Louisville fifth, while Sagarins ratings reversed the order of those two Atlantic Coast Conference teams. Those rankings were done before Louisvilles loss to Houston. Both the CFP and Sagarin had Alabama first, Ohio State second, Michigan third and Washington sixth.You get better accuracy predicting future games when you use the score, Sagarin said. Thats all I can say about it. If people want to ignore the scores, thats their business, but the committee, I dont think they do (ignore the scores).Alabama coach Nick Saban, whose team has appeared in each of the first two playoffs, says he doesnt believe margin of victory should be factored into the CFP rankings.I dont think that beating another team by an embarrassing score really should be something that (should be rewarded) from a sportsmanship standpoint or a common respect standpoint for the other team and their players and their families, Saban said. Thats not really something that should be a part of the game.But Hocutt acknowledged the committee discusses what constitutes a convincing win. How often has the eye test come up as a way to judge a team during the playoff era? Sagarin notes the frequent references to style points.Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher recalls the example of his 2014 team that went undefeated in the regular season but only earned a No. 3 seed in the playoff behind Alabama and Oregon, who had each lost a game. Florida State played several close games that year, and committee members often referred to the Seminoles lack of game control without specifically mentioning scores.We were undefeated, hadnt lost in two years, but game control, Fisher said this week. I havent heard `game control anymore. Did that one go out of the equation?Ohio State coach Urban Meyer says he doesnt mind a scenario in which the committee considers how well a team played without specifically analyzing the victory margin. Meyer was concerned that if the victory margin becomes an ultimate measuring stick, teams might start acting ...I guess the term is very unsportsmanlike.Im hoping the committee -- I have great confidence there -- just looks at the body of work, the strength of schedule and how they played, Meyer said.The dilemma in that approach is determining how a team played without considering victory margin. That backs up Sagarins notion that scores are taken into consideration, whether or not the committee says so.Its not something evil, Sagarin said. Scores reflect what happened in the game. Thats all.---AP Sports Writers Cliff Brunt, Joe Reedy and John Zenor contributed to this report.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Steve Megargee at www.twitter.com/stevemegargee Cheap Chicago Bulls Jerseys . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Scottie Pippen Jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. http://www.cheapbullsjerseys.com/ . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. Cheap Bulls Jerseys China . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Wholesale Bulls Jerseys . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. NEW YORK -- Darwin Barneys soft single fell into right field and Scott Feldman took off running, then rounded second and -- wait, was he trying for third? "I didnt know what I was doing, actually," the Cubs pitcher said. "I kind of just decided to go I guess." Like just about everything else Feldman did against the Mets on Saturday it worked out. Feldman allowed two hits in seven innings and the Cubs beat the Mets 5-2. Feldman hit a two-run single in the fourth, setting up his slow-motion scamper on the bases. He rounded second and headed for third, drawing a throw that seemed as if it had a chance to get him. Of course, it didnt. He slid in -- head first -- and beat the throw and David Wrights tag. "Dont want to make the third out at third, so I just tried to do everything I could to just sneak my hand in there," Feldman said. Said Wright: "I think I got him pretty good on the arm with my spike." Feldman (6-5) got it done on the mound, too. He struck out six and Starlin Castro hit a two-run double to left in the Cubs three-run eighth and Kevin Gregg got the last three outs for his ninth straight save. The Cubs stranded 10 runners in the first seven innings before breaking it open in the eighth. Scott Rice allowed a hit and a walk around a sacrifice, then Brandon Lyon came on and gave up a single to load the bases before walking Cody Ransom to force in a run. Castro then had his hit, which could have scored three runs if it hadnt bounced over the wall. "I think were just getting better swings in fastball counts, in hitters counts," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "Were taking advantage of situations now that we havent for a long piece of the season." Chicago beat the Mets for the second day in a row, after losing five of seven before getting to Queens. The Mets got a run back in the bottom of the eighth on Jordany Valdespins single off Carlos Villanueva, but Wright struck out with runners on second and third and fans streamed for the exits. "In the eighth inning, there was silence in the dugout and the feeling was like Here we go again," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "Losing is as big of a habit as winning." Jonathon Niese (3-6) left with two outs in the fifth inning and a man on second. He finished having allowed two runs, six hits and four walks with five strikeouts. He is 0-2 in his past four starts. "Niese battled without having his best stufff," Collins said.dddddddddddd"He battled into the sixth inning and didnt want to come out and thats what I want. Guys who dont want to come out of the game." Before his double bounced over the wall, Castro had stranded five runners and struck out three times, including with the bases loaded to end the fourth. In the fourth inning, Wright followed Daniel Murphys leadoff double with a double of his own to cut the lead to 2-1, but he was stranded at second. The Mets hit three long fly balls in the sixth, but all were caught pretty much right at the wall. "It seemed like they were running down balls all day in the outfield for me," Feldman said. Feldman has bounced back nicely after a rough final season in Texas, where he spent the first eight seasons of his career. He only has one outing shorter than six innings this year after a rocky April, and has become a fixture in the Cubs rotation. Which explains why Sveum was cringing as he saw the big right-hander come around second base. "Why are you going to third? Youre a starting pitcher and you have a bad knee, thats what I was thinking as he was running to third," Sveum said. He pointed out later that it was for the best that Feldman, who has an old knee injury, slid head first. Feldman had something else on his mind later -- when was the last time he did a headfirst slide? "Ha! Man, probably college," Feldman said. "Still had pretty good form though, right?" NOTES: Mets GM Sandy Alderson told season ticket holders Saturday morning that "over the next six months or so, we will be in a position make some significant acquisitions, whether its through free agency or a trade. ... The Mets called up right-hander Carlos Torres from Las Vegas and optioned right-hander Greg Burke to the Triple-A team. To make room on the 40-man roster, the club designated right-hander Collin McHugh for assignment. Torres was 6-3 with a 3.89 ERA in 12 starts for Las Vegas. ... Ransom had two singles, two walks and reached on an error his first five times up before striking out in the ninth. ... The Cubs were 3 for 18 with runners in scoring position. ... Wright tied his career best by reaching in nine straight plate appearances, but his deep drive to left in the sixth inning was caught at the wall. ... Mets 2B Valdespin let Ransom move up a base in the first when he misfired while attempting to return the ball to Niese after Ransoms single. He was charged with an error. Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Gear Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 2 Juin - 04:30 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Etudiants et Futurs étudiants Infirmier(e) en Belgique Index du Forum -> Les études et formations -> S'inscrire Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation